Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

How can you treat a UTI at home? adult content

I half to urinate ever 5 min
It only is usually a little bit
And it burns alot

I dont want to go to the doctor if i can treat it at home.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Health

Answers (8)
  • Well I know if you have it for more then a couple days, it is highly reccommended that you go to the doctor. I know cranberry juice helps "flushing" w/e.... also there are pills you can buy called Cystex (i'm pretty sure that's what they are called) they will take away the pain and frequency of peeing...

    Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:40 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • yeah cranberry juice is really good and you can get over the counter pills, I think they are called AZO, if its a mild case you should get relief and no more symptoms within that day if not I would surely go to the Dr

    Answer by Princess_s21 at 4:49 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • You need to go to the doctor and get medication so it doesn't turn into a kidney infection. But the PP is right, lots of cranberry juice and get some AZO until you can get into your doctor. If you start having blood in your urine go to the ER right away.

    Answer by SophiaofLight at 5:22 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • You can use cranberry juice or cranberry extract seem to have a very bad infection. You need to get treated with anti-biotics. After you complete the treatment you might want to consider adding a cranberry extract to your daily vitamins if you get infections often.

    Answer by OneToughMami at 5:34 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • if it has set into infection , you need to go to the dr or call the dr for antibiotics. there are test available over the counter to check for infection. cystex, azo standard , and a copuple other medications over the counter ( phenzoperdidine? ) help with the symptoms but not the infection. cranberry juice will help but so will lot of water .

    Answer by chris13 at 7:28 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • ouch mmomma im with u here, cystitus sorry for spelling, it sounds like, ive had this lots of times without seeing a doctor and boy is it painful!

    all i day is ..
    drink lots of water while i have it, go sit on the toilet if u can for as long as u can, i know it hurts .. just keep drinking, but mine usually go after 2 or 3 days, if it lasts longer pls go get help .. obviously evryones different so this may not work for u!

    thinking of u and good luck!

    Answer by san78 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • i agree tho if theres blood go get help

    Answer by san78 at 2:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • you need to go to the dr. but cranberry juice and anything with real lemon or lemon juice in it will help.

    Answer by BigfordBrat at 2:56 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.