my 6 year old has smelly underarms...

Now, before anything, yes, she takes showers every morning, and we use a loufa to wash under her arms, but, by 12 she is really stinky... my mil says that if I put lime juice under her arms, it will take the smell away, but will that do any harm? I read somewhere that milk can be a culprit, but she only drinks soy milk... hates regular milk... any ideas?

SusieQue717

Asked by SusieQue717 at 4:24 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• LOL, have her start using deodrant.. I see no harm in that.. Kids are hitting puberty younger and younger nowadays...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:45 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My youngest SD was that way from a very young age. At home she was told all the time that she stank and had horrible odor and the poor kid was totally embarrased to wear tank tops or anything that might expose her underarms. I took her to the store and bought her Secret Clinical Deoderant, problem solved. She loved it and didn't feel bad about herself anymore. Tho I could have cheerfully killed her mother for making her own daughter feel horrible and ashamed instead of doing something to take care of the problem.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:03 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• and starting her on deodorant isn't bad is it? and if that's the case, I'm going to kick my mom in the head!!
    SusieQue717

Comment by SusieQue717 (original poster) at 6:12 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Just start using deodorant.

Answer by louise2 at 6:58 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I think you should start using deoderant. If you're concerned about chemicals, try a natural deoderant.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 7:12 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I have a 7 year old son. He also can "stink" pretty quick after a shower if he is active at all. I have him use his daddy's smell good deodorant and he also likes to use the body spray. I was skeptic at first about his using deodorant so young, but he needs it and he is doing alright on it.
    loves2cook74

Answer by loves2cook74 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• my 5 year old wears deodorant, he can be so stinky.I just got him some arm & hammer natural deodorant, or Tom's natural deodorant *when I have more money) and problem solved. I was surprised that would start so young, though
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Get a natural deodorant.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:26 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• my 7 y/o use deodorant now and then. it's no big deal.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• use sensitive skin deodarant
    mysticbluemisty

Answer by mysticbluemisty at 8:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2010