has anyone out there after giving birth lost there sex drive?

I had my daughter6 months ago and now sex is like the last thing on my mind.including being sexy is anyone else in similar situation?what do u do iam only 28hrs.old help

sexybutter

Asked by sexybutter at 4:31 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Yea, I had my first son nearly 5 years ago and it's still no where near what it used to be. DH talks about our pre-child time fondly as the "good ole days when he used to get laid all the time". It just happens... I haven't found any fix for it. I try to make an effort once a week and remind him that they will grow quickly enough. I'm just completely physically spent after 12 hours of little monsters crawling all over me and fighting for constant physical contact. At the end of the day I just want to say "you too?". It's a reality for most parents of young kids.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 4:37 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Haha yea and almost 4 yrs later it is still gone!! I try but it's just not there like it used to be... at the end of the day I am drained!! And I would rather just take a nice hot shower and go to bed!! And I am only 22!!

LOL @ Leanne My hubs says the same thing!! I feel bad sometimes but it's not like I can control it!!

Maybe try going to a doctor about?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:43 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• No but I did after my miscarriage. Been almost three months and could care less if I have sex or not!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 6:19 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• More than 70% of post-childbirth women in America are deficient in key vitamins and minerals that affect sex drive and overall mood. Iron, zinc, magnesium, calcium, B vitamins, vitamin C and Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential fatty acids all relate to nervous system health, mood balance, sex drive and sexual response. Food sources of these vitamins and minerals are better than supplements because they are more efficiently used by the body. Dark green leafy vegetables, whole grains, strawberries, nuts, sweet peppers, dried fruits, sweet potatoes, yogurt, avocadoes, fish such as tuna and salmon, legumes, flaxseed, blueberries and pumpkin are all sources of one or more of these key vitmins and minerals. Consistent ingestion of these types of foods will have a positive effect in 3-4 months. Regular exercise can also help sex drive because it improves nerve function and overall mood.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:59 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• This is totally normal. Ask your husband to be patient as your hormones return to normal. Let him know that this could take some time. My daughter will be 4 next month and mine is just now returning.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• It happened with my first child. It took a couple of years to recover! it took patience on mine and my dh's part to work through it. It was very difficult to switch from mommy mode to sexy mode! And not to mention I was exhausted from lack of sleep. Once your baby gets a little older and you've been in your routine longer, things will pick back up. This is how siblings are born lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2010