Why does my 2 yr old cry so much?

Sometimes I just have to tickle her and my son to get them to stop crying. No matter what I do, there are times that they cry so very much. But the best way I just go and play games with them and try reading. I hold her a lot and tell her it is okay to cry, but sometimes she cries so much. I don't know if maybe she is just having growing pains?

itsamomsworld98

Asked by itsamomsworld98 at 4:36 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It sounds like it may be her way of getting your attention.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:58 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Mine step on a sock and cry. They have their days. And if they can't dry it up. Its nap time. Simple they need sleep.
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 10:16 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I guess I would need more information to tell you why they cry, and thus try to help you help them to stop.

Example: do they just trip over their feet and cry like they just fell 10x harder than they really did? I found that when DD was a baby and first learning to walk we would let her tell us if she was hurt. I never ask "oh are you okay" or ran to her immediately when she just fell on her bum from trying to walk (unless it was obvious she hurt herself, like bumped her head, etc). She'd look to me, and I'd laugh a slight laugh and if she was fine, she'd laugh too. If not, she'd let me know and would cry.
    My nephew, now they would always ask "are you okay" and baby him after ever little fall. He's now almost 3 and cries over every little fall even when he's fine, because he knows it means attention turns to him immediately.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:51 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• If that isn't the case and they are just crying all the time, they may just need more attention. If this is newer, it could be a phase, a growth sprout, etc.

Like I said, I'd really need more info before giving more advice.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:53 AM on Oct. 11, 2010