2 month old teething

OK. I know its crazy but my 2 month old is teething. He is chewing and drooling on everything and his bottom gums are white. All the med. over the counter say 4 month and older what can I do for him? Also I am breastfeeding and he is hurting me any way to stop the pain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i read that pure vanilla extract helps for teething. just put some on a q-tip and rub it on his gums.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 3:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My 2 month old is teething also. So I don't think your crazy. I asked my doctor and she said baby orajel is fine and also infant tylenol. You should always ask your doctor though. That would be your best bet.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• i would recommend u ask yourdoc. first. but if u really feel hes teething i found a great sight for you here it is (just copy and paste on your seach bar) its 7 natural remedies for teething babies
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/140314/top_7_natural_remedies_for_soothing.html?cat=25
    CandiceB53

Answer by CandiceB53 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• oh almost forgott for the boobie frozen cabage not the red kind it will stain. i did it and it was a life saver good luck
    CandiceB53

Answer by CandiceB53 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Im not sure about what to do for him teething except give him those frozen rings and things to chew on. Or they have a rattle thingy that vibrates when they bite on it. (My daughter still loves hers) But for you, even when my daughter wasn't teething breastfeeding was very painful for me, except when i used the shield I needed in the beginning of breastfeeding. It makes it much less painful i think. I know babysrus has them for sure Advent brand I think. But you just pop it right on and let your baby eat this should help atleast a little bit.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 6:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I don't think you're crazy. I use the Hyland's Homeopathic Teething Tablets, or the Disney Naturals Teething drops. They both seem to help my DS with teething pain quite a bit! As for your breasts, the cabbage the pp mentioned has helped me as well! I aslso still use the Pure-Lan the doctor told us about when I started nursing. I hope this helps you! Also, I am the group owner of a teething support group- feel free to join us! Our link is http://www.cafemom.com/group/teethingsupport . Take care and good luck!
    ILuvMyBoyz0608

Answer by ILuvMyBoyz0608 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2008