Question For Wiccans/Witches Or Just Anyone That Might Be Able To Answer This...

When I was in high school I had a friend that ended up becoming obsessed with me. From that I was thinner than her to that I had boyfriends. Then she dyed her hair the same color as mine and bought the same shoes and braclets I wore. She also became very negative and I quickly figured out that I couldn't help her and it wasn't good for me to be around her so the friendship ended. But a few days before it did she told me that she had become interested in Wicca. Well, about nine months or so later I found two little homemade dolls in my locker, one that looked like me and the other that looked like one of my friends. I had forgotten that she knew the combination to my lock. I don't even really know if those dolls have anything to do with Wicca but it was freaky to say the least and I would really like to know what she thought that would do, what that was supposed to mean, what she thought she was doing, or what that was for?????

BUTTERCUP777

Asked by BUTTERCUP777 at 6:34 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, for a witchcraft curse to work the witch must either obsess about it 24 hrs. a day and concentrate on it to the exclusion of all else, or they must plant the IDEA of a curse in their "victim's" mind and let the victim's own fears do the work. I agree that if she meant to frighten you or harm you, she was only causing bad karma for herself! A true witch lets go of petty fears and negative emotions. It's the fake ones that don't. And they are the ones that bring the negative energy back on themselves. I know that only too well!!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Oh goodness Wicca is not about trying to scare folks. It is a very love and light path. As a matter of fact harming anyone goes against their highest law "an it harm ye none" If her intent was to frighten you or to cause harm then she will have to deal with the karmic debt. What you send out comes back to you in abundance.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:57 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I don't know what it would accomplish. However I believe that in Wicca anything you do comes back to you three fold. So if she was trying for anything negative it was only to her own peril.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 6:51 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Wicca is NOT a way to try and scare ppl... it is by far the reverse... those of us that follow the Wiccan way know that by
    doing Harm to another, we are only setting ourselves up for Karmic justice in return...
    I believe that your friend most likely read some books and without really reading them blended
    what she read to come up with something to scare you with...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• LOL it means she was obsessed and trying to scare you.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:53 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Okay, there are a lot of factors that go in to something like this and no one really could know what she THOUGHT could happen... But the basic answer is this. A WICCAN witch, would not generally use magick in any form (doll or otherwise) to cause harm, it goes against the basic teachings of Wicca. Now, an interest in Wicca doesn't automatically equal seasoned or even practicing witch or wiccan... And doll magick is far from limited to Wicca... In fact dolls have been linked to just about every form of "magick" or witchcraft out there. In any case, even IF she meant for there to be a negative affect, chances are at that point in her practice (you said a few months or so MAYBE) the likely hood that anything significant would affect you is slim... It sounds to me that she watched the Craft one to many times and was just being your average undereducated power hungry American Teen...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:28 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I agree that Wicca teaches to harm none, but many books confuse Wicca and Witchcraft. It doesn't help that it's history is confused about this as well. But to answer what those dolls were, more likely a poppet. They can be used in so many ways. There is no telling what the intent was without better clues. It could have been a love spell or even a curse, or just dolls and nothing more. But normally poppet's are not given to the people they were made to represent.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 6:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• It sounds like they could have been poppets, but if you did not see anything done to them (like pins or defaced with markers) than it was probably there just to scare you. It sounds like she was hurt that you ended the friendship, which in the long run was probably best for both of you.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 5:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• That would freak me out a little bit too...lol
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• LOL!!! It seems you all have the same conclusion that I did. I mostly think that it was a fear tactic. But, little did she know, I've never been one to scare easily, being a strong willed and hard headed person. LOL!!! On the contrary it actually made me angry and very confused because the one thing that I did understand about Wicca is that they seem to believe stronger than many about everything coming back to you. So, it's just never made any sense to me. But I do know that there are other practices that use dolls, I just don't know of any that gives it to the person that they are trying to harm giving me more confusion. This was actually very helpful and I thank you ladies for the answers.

BUTTERCUP777

Comment by BUTTERCUP777 (original poster) at 3:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2010