Sty on the eye

My DH has a sty on her eye. She work up with it yesterday and today it is larger than it was yesterday. How do I make the swelling go down?

blackbudrfly

Asked by blackbudrfly at 7:24 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Health

• pdr recomendation for a stye are warm wet compresses , get a wet wash clothe as hot as you can stand it and apply to the closed eye area until cooled several time a day. it will halp the swelling go down. there is a medication over the counter called stye but it is only an eye lubricant to help with the iritation.
    chris13

Answer by chris13 at 7:32 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• tea bags. make a pot of tea (even if you don't drink it) and then have her hold the bag on her eye (or if she's really young tape it to her face) keep it on for 10-15 minutes at a time, works best if you can do it overnight and just leave it on all night.

make sure her eye is closed when you put the bag on though or else it will sting.
    Angelgirl25

Answer by Angelgirl25 at 7:28 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• oh, and also make sure she doesn't touch her eye because it's VERY contagious and could easily spread to you/other people or her other eye and from experience it SUCKS to have it in both eyes at once.
    Angelgirl25

Answer by Angelgirl25 at 7:29 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Lots of good information above.
    But a little other information:
    My grandmother always said that you got stys from peeing in the road.
    For what it is worth.
    A thought from my past.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:38 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I have to stand corrected... It is my Daughter 3yrs old.... Just so that you guys are clear...

@Tootoobusy.... That is just too funny because when we travel, I take her potty and she pees in the road... That just made my day....LOL
    blackbudrfly

Comment by blackbudrfly (original poster) at 9:45 AM on Oct. 10, 2010