I am newer to being a SAHM and going a little stir crazy?

I dont really have any friends b/c most moms my age (in my area) prefer to go party then take care of their kids. So the little social life I had went out the window when I stopped working. We walk alot, like to the park, grocery store, and even the laundrymat. We have a big red wagon and I get some excercize. I guess I just feel isolated, there are not alot of things to do in this small town. Any advise on getting a SAHM life?

perksmom

Asked by perksmom at 4:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in General Parenting

• I hear ya. It's hard. Can you join a yoga class or an adult education class, or something along those lines? Something that gets you out of the house and with other adults on a regular basis. Or you could volunteer. Some retirement homes love having moms and babies come visit the residents from time to time, sort of like adopt-a-grandparent. That one is free and you can bring the kiddo along.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I am a SAHM mom in a very small town. And I know how hard it can be when you first start. I just became one 2 years ago, and up untill about 6 months ago was going crazy.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• You could start or join a playgroup. I joined one on yahoo.com and cafemom. Look for groups in your area. Volunteering is a great option. I work one or two days a week at the front desk of a hotel. It is enough to get me out of the house and into the adult world.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2008