hypothyroidism?

if you have it or know anything about it... did you have antithyroid antibodies and did they treat it with something? i havent been tested yet but i believe maybe i do and it is causing my infertility...thanks in advance. ive read alot about it being treated with selenium and or baby aspirin...but a personal story would benefit me and make me feel better...thx
kim

MiraclesDHappen

Asked by MiraclesDHappen at 5:07 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Health

• Kim I do not have any personal info..But going what I am going through, and knowing what I know, Our situation has been about as long. 6yrs and yours 7...The not knowing every month was killing me. We were doing everything we thought was right. But if the problem lies within, it doesn't matter that u O and DH sperm is great it ain't gonna happen! I read up on your condition and it can be related to mine. If you go to my Dr website, u may find some info useful. Haveababy.com Its enough already people telling u to relax, this is not kind of a situation, if something is off, u need treatment. If u need me for anything u know I am here! My situation is VERY complicated because I have 2 strikes against me! If yours is your thyroid u need a good RE who knows about this kind of stuff! I hope u remain focused...I made a + Board in my kitchen, thats whats getting me through this! ((HUGS))
    Stephenie
    W4amircale2

Answer by W4amircale2 at 7:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• This isnt going to be the best answer but you may need radioactive treatment, Levothyroxine tablets thats all ive really heard. My aunt had to have something done where she couldnt be around her kids for a week. I dont remember what it is. Well dont stress to much. Get things checked out first and then start to figure out the game plan ok. good luck.
    GoldieLocks18

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I have it. I have to take the synthroid pills daily. you will not need any radioactive treatment for hypothyroidism. symptoms include: dry hair, brittle nails, weight gain, & fatigue. All pretty general I know. A simple blood test will determine the condition. And yes, once I started the pills it was easier to get pregnant. Would've been nice to know that BEFORE I did, but oops. Synthroid is the standard treament and a month supply is usually around $20.00 generic form. Any other specifics pm me. Good Luck!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• My naturopathic doctor put me on Armour which is what they like. It's got T3 and T4 in it and works great for me. Helped me lose weight gain. Eileen
    EileenMarie

Answer by EileenMarie at 4:51 PM on Jul. 4, 2008