SO without any argueing ladies....

Just curious what everyone's opinion is on epidurals?

Kimmers1116

Asked by Kimmers1116 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• When i was pregnant with my first child I kept an open mind when it came to pain relief. I figured if I could handle the pain than I would not get the epidural. They ended up having to give me pitocin because I wans't progressing and so I got an epidural because the contractions were horrible. I was so relaxed and comfortable after I got it that I enjoyed the rest of my labor and even the delivery. With my second I was pretty sure I would get one because I enjoyed the labor and delivery so much with first. After 3 hours of intense contractions I got my epidural and 45 min later my baby boy was born. I did not have any problems with headaches or backache. I plan to have one with my 3rd baby when the time comes! Everyone has their own thoughts and opinions on it. I was told by my doctor and the doctor who did it that it does not get to the baby becuase it does not go into your system. It is just your nerves.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 6:13 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• i will get one if i have a baby for sure
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 4:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• i had one with the first baby and i felt alot after the birth the second i had a spinal block 10 million times better, i felt awesome 8 hours after words... but both mine were c-sections so i needed something
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 4:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• SIGN ME UP!
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 4:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Unnecessary unless you're getting a c-section.

I had one with my first, because it was pretty much pushed on me. Had one with my second because people had me believing that I "needed" one to survive.

With my daughter, I grew a brain and cared about HER needs over my comfort, and chose to only have those who were vehemently supportive of my choice in the delivery room with me. Anyone who breathed the THOUGHT of any type of pain meds was promptly booted out. And I somehow magically delivered a 9lb baby girl with no medicine. With a 14 inch circumference head. And I didn't die. And its even documented on Youtube. :-p
    LizzieyTish

Answer by LizzieyTish at 4:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I had the epidural and it was a god send. I was in labor for 36 hours! My future MIL is completely against it but doesn't back up why.
    Kimmers1116

Answer by Kimmers1116 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I went into the hospital with an open mind. I held out as long as I felt like I could, but got one and never regretted the decision. It made things a lot easier. It wasn't pain-free by any means, but it was much more tolerable.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• This is my first baby, but I'm taking the damn epi as soon as it's plausible to get it! I'm no less of a woman and I'm no less of a mother because I don't want any unnecessary pain.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Who cares what others think! You can go thru childbrith easier, go for it!
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• who knows why she doesn't back up and don't wrorry about it. This is your life, your child, you do what you want to do. I'm a mom to a 23 year old and 19 year old and I would tell them to go for it.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2008