do you believe in embryonic stem cell research?

To cure diseases.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 9:31 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Health

• YES, My DH has MS and if Stem Cells help come up with a cure so he can retain his current lifestyle it would be wonderful.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Absolutely!! Most embryo's used for this are lab created , some are from abortion's. There are so many people suffering from horrible diseasees that need a cure.  Imagine being trapped in a useless body aware of everything around you and not being able to communicate. I took care of a gentleman with late stage parkinson's and it was heartbreaking! there are so many things stem cell research can help with.

heathers5500

Answer by heathers5500 at 9:42 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Yes! My three sons, 24 mo grandson and I all have a rare disease called common variable immune deficiency (CVID) that may one day be cured using embryonic stem cell research. CVID is very rare, 1/50,000, and very expensive, one year my medical bills were over a million dollars and of course I maxed out on my insurance. I have to have IVs once every 3 weeks that cost $20,000 at a chemotherapy infusion center. If my doctors decide I have to have them at a hospital it's $40,000 every 3 weeks. I'm on 10 other meds all the time. I ave 3 hospitalizations a year. The 20 year survival rate is 60%. My grandbaby has only a little better than half a chance of surviving to be an adult. He is head to toe eczema and miserable all the time and screams in pain about a third of the day. He is also not growing.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:43 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Yes, of course.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Yes I do. My son has type 1 diabetes and this could help with a cure.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 11:48 AM on Oct. 10, 2010