Embarassing question...tmi adult content

So ladies. I'm 23 weeks pregnant and for the last week constipated, yeah no fun! Well I took some dulcolax last night around 9pm and so far today nothing, here is 9:50am. What can I do? I drink lotsssssssss of water so idk. Two days ago I stopped taking my prenatal vitamins since they have iron and iron make me not to poop. Give me some advice that I can use since I'm pregnant and theres not much. SHould I ask my dr for some special medicine or something? I just ate a pbj sandwich because my mom told me peanut butter make you go, but how much? I put a looooot of pbj and now I have raisins..Whatever you can say to help it would be greatly appreciated!

sweetyazfl

Asked by sweetyazfl at 9:52 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Rye bread will help. Also, are you continuing with exercise? Walking does wonders. Let your doctor know that you are having trouble. He/she can change your prenatals, that sometimes helps. But you need the iron. Continue drinking water. Fiber pills or powder are better than dulcolax at this point. You might want to take the fiber supplement every day. Or just start eating raisin bran. It's high fiber and doesn't taste like twigs, lol. Good luck!
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:58 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Prunes either fresh dried or juice. And def keep drinking lots of water. Congratulations on your pregnancy.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Taking fiber pills will help and it's natural. This happened to me with my second pregnancy. It hurts!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:54 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I take the prenatles and extra iron because i have had low iron and i go all the time, i would say ask your dr what you should take. im 20weeks&4days
    marista_isabell

Answer by marista_isabell at 9:56 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Pears, prunes, peas, white grape juice, metamucil, ...avoid under ripe banana and cooked carrot.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:12 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Oh God, I remember that, and it's horrible. You can take stool softeners, but make sure to ask your doctor before taking anything. What finally worked for me was eating a bunch of those prunes...I can't remember the name of the brand, but it doesn't matter. I ate like 6 of them, followed by a bottle of water. Within 30 minutes...it worked, lol. Best of luck. And remember...while this sucks...it's normal. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:51 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Suppositories may get you started then do what some of the girls have mentioned by taking a stool softener like metamucil or Miralax.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 10:54 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Drink some prune juice or take some colace. Peanut butter makes the problem worse for me so I avoid it when I'm constipated

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:21 PM on Oct. 10, 2010