how old was your child when they started walking and talking alot?

My daughter is turning one in a week from today! Anyway she's not walking yet (but crawling all over the place and pulling herself up on things). I'm not trying to rush her at all lol. I'm just wondering. She's a little chubby and I was wondering if that might play a small roll in it. She's also just babbling and saying dada a lot but she just learned hi! Lol I'm so excited for her.

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• My grandson started walking at 9 mo and he is now 24 mo and only says a few words. He doesn't say mama, dada, or grandma but he says Taco Bell, the name of my Chihuahua. He really likes Taco Bell and they sit together on my lap in my recliner. He says hi, bye, yes, up, back, all gone and that's about it. Yesterday he said no. If you aren't saying no to a kid all the time it isn't one of their first words. He signs more, drink, and thank you.  

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:11 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Mine was right when he turned 1- he seemed to be a bit ahead of the average though.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:12 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Both my children where beyond chubby, 3 chins. The first took a while to talk and walk. She had no reason to, because we did everything for her, as a first child. The second could walk and talk by his first birthday. It means alot that he had someone to chase and keep up with.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My son started walking at 10 months & started talking (where you could understand him) around 18 months. Each child develops at their own pace so don't rush her...let her be your baby as long as she can be =) Trust when she starts walking your going to wish she wasn't, LoL!!!
    ~*~Holli~*~
    MsWood729

Answer by MsWood729 at 10:15 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• my daughter starting walking at 1 unassisted and she is talking more now but she comprehends more then she verbally says. she is 18months now
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:24 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• 14 months walking
    12 months speaking in sentences
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:27 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• 13 months when he started running lol... i mean walking and really doesn't car to talk much... but when he does it's more in gibberish and hand gesters.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 10:45 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My oldest was 14 months when he started walking and had a vocabulary of 10-15 words at that time also. My second child didn't walk til almost 18 months old, she was just plain lazy lol, as for talking she has always been a talker, but didn't get a 10-15 word vocabulary until she was almost 2. My 10 month old isn't walking yet, but she is speed crawling everywhere, and pulling up on stuff and trying her best to walk. Her vocabulary is already up to 6-8 words. She can say mama, daddy, bubba, noah {her brother's name}, light, thank you, kitty, and more.
    SuprMom12042702

Answer by SuprMom12042702 at 11:19 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I have 4 kids past that stage and they were all different.  My oldest didn't start walking on her own until she was 14 months and was mostly just babbling at 1 (with a few words).  My older son was running by 10 1/2 months and speaking in complete sentences at 12 months.  He's always done everything early as he tried to keep up with his big sister.  My middle daughter started walking just after her 1st birthday but didn't start talking until she was almost 3 (she only knew 2 words at 18 months and had maybe 12-15 words when she turned 2).  My youngest dd started walking the week before her first birthday and was speaking in complete sentences when she turned 18 months.  She's way ahead of other kids her age (she's 4 1/2) with a lot of stuff.  She constantly surprises me with the things she knows and can do.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2010