Can you get a false positive?

Is it possible to get a false positive on a First Response test? I am really hoping that it is right, and I do honestly feel like I am pregnant. But, I am scared at the same time that the test was wrong, and I will turn out not to be! I am making a Dr. appointment first thing in the morning. But, has anyone ever heard of someone getting a false positive (I do not take any medications or anything like that).

mommy11260

Asked by mommy11260 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When I had my first docs appointment for my pregnancy with my son, I asked about false positives and she said you're more likely to get a false negative than positive so chances are its correct for you, congrats :)
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 1:32 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• more lies gailll? saying you are a lab tech to give your story some credibility. just like you lied to that woman who wanted her milk to dry up and told her how to make her body keep producing milk instead. you're such a lying troll
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• It can happen... but its very rare. However, false negatives happen all the time.

Congrats!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 10:08 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• i don't know because you have to have the pregnancy hormone to get a positive on a pregnancy test. i would say get the digital those are awesome. and it will tell you in words not pluses and minuses. congrats most likely you are pregnant.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:10 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I kept getting them when I was actually pregnant w/ my son. I ended up getting a blood test which confirmed that I was indeed pregnant. You might want to check to see if your Doctor's Office is even open tomorrow w/ it being Columbus Day...if they aren't go to an Urgent Care Clinic if you have one close. Good Luck & Best Wishes for the result you want.
    ~*~Holli~*~
    MsWood729

Answer by MsWood729 at 10:12 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• False positives are very rare.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Not really. I think you are with child....
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Only if you are in peri-menopause /menopause. Unless you are at that point in your life than I would say you probably are and to verify by getting an ultrasound and a blood test when you go to the doctor.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 10:20 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I thought I had a false positive 11 years ago. I was 35 and already had 2 sons- 9 and 11. I thought I was done. I sat in my office and cried. My doctor laughed at me and told me I should have been more careful, very funny. I now have 3 sons, 22, 20 and 10, but I wouldn't trade him for the world. If you know in your heart that you are pregnant, seize the day, don't worry, be happy, this is a most joyous time.
    Bagofwind

Answer by Bagofwind at 12:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I hope you are pregnant and congrats :)
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:18 PM on Oct. 10, 2010