PleaSe HeLP...I'm a bit worried..am i overreacting or in labor?

I'm a First time mommy to be and im about 26 weeks pregnant & am feeling a bit of cramps this morning..especially when i get up & move around. plus on friday i had some sharp pains (but it didnt last an hour as the doctor said it had to last for it to be in order for it to be considered going inot labor). i had a doctors appointment on friday and he told me all the signs to just get up and go to the hospital...he said dont call him or the hospital just go straight there if i bleed, feel sharp pains, cramps, or feel my water break than just get up and go...am i imagining this? im really confused because i dont know if this is legit or me just worrying about every little thing..anyone have any insight or advice at all i would really appreciate it thanks a bundle! :)

joymoon87

Asked by joymoon87 at 10:22 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You know your body and you know when something is not right. Don't ever feel silly or embarrassed for taking extra care of your child. Also do not take, everything is fine, as an answer if you know it is not. If the medical staff in the doctors office or ER are good, they will check everything to make sure that you and your baby are healthly.
    Bagofwind

Answer by Bagofwind at 12:46 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• If you're worried and think you be having preterm labor, go ahead and head to the ER. If you're not, the worst that can happen is a load of embarrassment when you show up and find out you were wrong. I think that would be preferable to what could happen if you are in pre-term labor and you ignore it.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:28 AM on Oct. 10, 2010