If you are a cardmaker...

where d you get your inspiration? Especially if you have a limited number of stamps/ accessories and hubby is discouraging buying a new Christmas set? I'm a little stumped this year. And yep, I know I should be pulling the stamps out and playing a little instead of hanging out on CM asking questions this morning. :)

duckigrrl

Asked by duckigrrl at 10:40 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• If you are limited in your stamp supply you could use another technique such as embossing or making simple snowman cards by cutting different size white circles. I'm not sure where you are from, but stores such as Hobby Lobby and Michaels are constantly running 50% off stamp sales. Oh! Or you could draw a Christmas tree on to a sponge, cut it out and make your own stamp using paint instead.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 10:45 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• You could join some of the stamping groups, such as Stampers Anonymous, and do some image swaps. Then you would have some extra Christmas images. You can PM me with your info and I can see what images I have to send to you if you want.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 4:15 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I buy magazines to get layouts and then use the stamps I have available. Join a stamping club that allows for swapping of stamps. Check out cardmaking books at the library.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Internet
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Sometimes you can find FREE DIGITAL STAMPS online...Also Michaels usually has a TON of CUTE $1.00 stamps...maybe buy a couple of them instead of buying a whole set. I also agree with joining a scrapbooking/stamping group where you can exchange images and such!
    ThinkPink23

Answer by ThinkPink23 at 7:07 AM on Oct. 14, 2010