How much time does your baby get tummy time a day

Is it all at once or through out the day and how old are they?

neonangel2188

Asked by neonangel2188 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son LOVED to be on his tummy so I let him stay on it as long as he wanted to be on it.
    ~*~Holli~*~
    MsWood729

Answer by MsWood729 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Throughout the day from birth he had tummy time here and there. It might be once one day and 10 times the next. Until he fussed or fell asleep. If he fussed, I would hold him. Or if he was asleep, I flipped him over.

My next kids won't get too much tummy time, they will be worn all day. They will develop their neck muscles that way.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:07 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I do it three times a day and until she gets cranky :) she is two months :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:12 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• i do it 2 times a day till shes gets cranky she hate is i did this sense she was born and she will be 3 months 10-21
    neonangel2188

Comment by neonangel2188 (original poster) at 11:44 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• You don't need to do "tummy time" if you avoid time in baby bouncers and other containers. Wearing a baby upright in a sling or wrap gives them plenty of exercise to strengthen their core and neck muscles (its how nature designed them). You can also put the baby on your chest and get tummy time that way. If all a baby can tolerate on the floor is 5 seconds that's okay....like I said...baby wearing and chest laying on you is great. Also if you are going to give floor time on the belly be sure its not right after eating and be sure the diaper isn't too tight.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:32 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• at first he hated it so much so we forced him on his tummy at five minutes every few hours but now he can't stand being on his back so he is always on his tummey when he is on his play mat or in his crib.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 7:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I started tummy time with my daughter while she was still in the hospital. Once we got home I would lay her on my tummy and she would squirm around, when she was around 1 month old and could turn her head I would put her on the floor or the pack n play and watch her. At first she would only do it for maybe 15 minutes at a time. I would do it maybe 3-4 times a day. Once she was around 3 months she would play on the floor for an hour at a time. I tried to put her on as much as she wanted. Once she could roll I still put her on the floor 3-4 times a day. She is now almost 6 months and if I put her on the floor I still put her on her tummy first and let her go from there. Just let your baby lead the way.
    Momma2Miranda

Answer by Momma2Miranda at 12:12 AM on Oct. 11, 2010