Who gives anyone the right.........

To determine who should and shouldn't be a parent??? I just read a comment saying this about gay couples, just because someone believes it to be wrong that gives them the right to take away the experience of parenting?

Asked by older at 11:06 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Parenting Debate

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • no one... it doesn't matter if it's the same sex or oppisite as long as the child is growing up in a loving home that's all that matter... and on top of that no one is in the right to judge on parenting cause it's a crash course for us all..
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:10 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Lots of people are jerks. People will claim it's not natural, but are happy to use a computer ("not natural") to post their opinions online.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Just because a person *can* have a child does not necessarily make them *fit* to be a parent.

I couldn't agree more! Just look at most of the HETEROSEXUAL couples with children who are DRUG ADDICTS, child molesters, stage parents, child laborers, Bible thumping, child beaters, dead-beats who just don't give a shit about their kids sometimes. They are certainly not fit to be parents. I think gay couples are more fit to be parents than any heterosexual couple. and if you worry about kids becoming gay themselves, LOOK AT WHERE GAY PEOPLE COME FROM! That's right, HETEROSEXUAL COUPLES!
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 11:50 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• No one has the right to say that any couple cannot have children. Two dads, two moms, a mom and a dad or a single parent can all be loving homes for children. As long as a child is loved, protected and provided for then it DOES NOT MATTER!
    MrsHatch4

Answer by MrsHatch4 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Stacey - I want links proving that there are more couples wanting children than there are children in the foster care system. I believe you are stating beliefs rather than facts. There are thousands of children in need of homes, if there were enough loving heterosexual couples to take them, they wouldn't need a home. Also, research shows that children benefit from TWO PARENT households irregardless of the gender of the parents. Actually children seem to fair the best in a household with two mothers.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:58 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I think that there are so many children that no one wants, why can't they have a loving home with whomever wants to love them. If the kids are raised in a same sex household, it probably is not as embarrassing to them as you would think. My step son was embarrassed that I was so much younger than his dad, does that mean I shouldn't have been allowed to raise him? Or he was embarrassed that is father is overweight, what does that mean? Nothing.. I think if you have the ability to love and provide for a child you should be allowed to raise one. There are many heterosexual couples that "naturally" have kids and abuse them.

Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• well as a gay couple they cant have a child on their own, you know why? Because it is NOT NATURAL! Therefore why should we give them to them? I am against it, I am a devout Catholic, and will stick to that belief!

Answer by JoLee12345 24 minutes ago
    **************************
    Yes, they can have children through InVitroFertilization...something straight couples also do. Why do you think it is "not natural" ? ANd who are you to decide who has children and who shouldn't ? WHat nerve...what ignorance. SHame on you.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• You know there are some people that I think shouldn't be parents (like my SIL). But that is because she abuses and neglects her children. I think people like that shouldn't have children. However, when it comes to sexual orientation and gender identity, I think that is not something you base parenting on. Sexual orientation and gender identity have NOTHING to do with parenting.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:42 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• What I'm trying to say is that there are way more couples out there that would love to adopt a baby and very few babies. If there was a choice between a baby going into a loving home with a mom and dad or a loving home with a gay couple. What do you think would be best for the baby? I believe the home with the mom and dad.

Answer by staceynoel 2 minutes ago
    *******************
    Well THAT is just so prejudiced and wrong! What is wrong with you?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I think in a lot of ways, gay couples can be better parents than some straight couples. They've really thought through their decision, and they can't have an accidental pregnancy so their children are all totally wanted.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:49 AM on Oct. 10, 2010