I know this question may seem awful but have you ever regretted having kids?

I know most people will say no and that I am horrible for thinking this way sometimes.
You cant help what you feel sometimes.

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 11:20 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• You can't help what you feel. They change your lives completely. You can't sleep in even when you really need to, and then they have have you up at 6 a.m. cleaning up puke. Two days ago I regretted it, but today not so much. There are many times I wonder why she is here and then I remember her giving her potato a hug and a kiss at dinner last night and then I say to myself that is why we had her.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:27 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Not at all, in fact when I found out I was pregnant, I was overjoyed. I do wish that I can change certain things in my life before I had my child and certain mistakes that I've made as a first-time mom, but I do love my daughter very much.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• honestly i have really wondered what my life would have turned into without a kid..... i might be in college full term riht now.... but its get hard sometimes you get down in the dumps but we still love our kids.. belive me ur not the ony one feeling like this sometimes... but i wouldnt change my life around because my son is my everything.. sometimes when my friends go out i think damn if i didnt have a kid i could go.. just things like that...
    jenny2150

Answer by jenny2150 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Having kids just makes me want to try harder at my life. Giving up is no longer an option for me, because if I give up than I'm giving up on my kids. So maybe I'll finally make something of myself thanks to my children. They inspire and motivate me everyday.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 11:39 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I do not regret having kids but I do regret the married time that I had before kids that I did not appreciate enough.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:43 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I agree with Melbornj, I did not take proper advantage of the time before the kids, we should have traveled more and did more things. I just didn't think about it at the time.

I also agree w/Jenny2150, there are just sometimes I want to pick up and go and can't.
    I love them, I wouldn't change that for the world, but sometimes I look around and wonder what if I could just go do what I wanted, or if going to the movies with my husband wasn't such an event.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• No I have never felt that way...being a mom is all I ever wanted to do. But I don't think you are awful for feeling that way...I know a lot of people that feel that way.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• my DH have been married 1 month now and we found out 2 weeks ago that we are having a baby... we have not really had anytime at all being married and spending time together he is in the navy and has been going to school so i only see him at night and weekends.... I am 8 weeks pregnant and we only have 7 more months to spend with him and try to do alot of things but, i havnt experienced having the baby or feeling that way really i wish that we would have waited so that him and i could spend more married time together but he didnt really give me that opption lol... Ur not a bad mom at all for thinking that... everyone has there days
    Navymommy1

Answer by Navymommy1 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Married close to twenty years, two kids 14 and 6. Do I regret having kids? NEVER.

Do I have some real bad days when I want to throw in the towel? You bet. Soldier on dear, times will get better.

cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 6:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Yes. I love my kids and do the best I can for them... but I do sometimes. You are not alone.
    inthepit

Answer by inthepit at 9:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2010