For those who don't live near family, how far away is your closest relative? and do you have friends that you consider family?

My entire family is 100 miles away, I have some great friends that I trust more than some people in my family.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• My Closest realatives are 700 miles away and we have friends that we consider family but, its still not the same thing! I would much rather have my sister!!
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Closest relative is 2 hours away. No friends here that I consider family as we have only lived here a short time.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:21 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My closest relatives are 450 miles away. That's my dad and niece, they live in towns very near each other. I do have a brother that lives part time in Shreveport which is 240 miles or so away, so I guess actually that's closer than my dad. Rest of my family is even further away than that, O'Fallon, MO, Bayou La Batre, AL
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 12:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• In california and we live in AZ :( I hate it but the military moves us all over :) Im getting used to it.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My closest relatives are 600 miles away and we don't have any friends that I would leave my children with, except in an emergency. My husband does not trust anyone, not even family, with our children. I wish my mom lived closer, she is very close with my nieces but only sees my sons(that still live at home) once a year.
    Bagofwind

Answer by Bagofwind at 1:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Our closest family is 2000 miles away which is my husbands family and mine is another 1000 miles away. As another person said we can thank the military for that. It is very hard for us because we are both very close to them. Lots of phone calls. We have close friends but they do not make up for not having out family.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• my closest relative is my brother an he is 2 hours away then the rest are 4 hours away
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2010