HORIFFIC CRAMPS!!! adult content

I started my period the night before last. And it started kinda crampier than usual but no big deal. Well I woke up last night in so much pain I couldn't hardly stand it. I just curlled in a ball with my heating pad and cried most of the night. I'm still feeling pretty bad today:( I am concerned because this NEVER happens to me anymore. I used to have bad cramps before I had kids bit it's been at least 10 years since Ive felt anything close to this. I am also bleeding very heavy. Not sure if it's just a bad month or if I should be worried. What would you do? And any tips on how to relieve them would be great! Thank you

madsmom314

Asked by madsmom314 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Health

• Ibuprofen works wonders for me.  You should call your Dr and just ask what the problem might be. It could be anything from hormones, stress, weight gain/loss, aging or something that might need to be addressed by your Doc. Good luck, I just found out I'm anemic from my heavy, painful periods, they are not fun.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:37 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I agree with shanlaree.

I am 48 and going thru menopause. On top of the cramps, I had 18 day periods and VERY VERY heavy,I know this is TMI...but I had golf ball sized clots ( for months ) and I just thought...Ok.. my periods were changing! It got so bad I had to use depends! Im serious! Found I had endometritis...( along with fibroids ) and my thyroids acted up and it causes issues, but my pain was so bad vicodin/lortab hardly touched my pain!! Ive just had to deal with the cramps.

A week before I had the endometrial biopsy ( which IS painful! ) I passed a flipping Kidney Stone!! WHAT a freaking week, huh!
    If they are THAT severe, Id go for a pap.....your doctor may have you get a pelvic ultrasound.......

Im anemic as well and take iron supplements each day too.

Good luck to ya! Hope all turns out OK! I have my heating pad handy too!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:46 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• It wouldn't hurt to ask the doc. Sounds like just a bad period but never hurts to ask. Motrin is my best friend that time of month and, even though its the last thing you want to do, get up and get moving. It actually helps alleviate cramps to move around....And eat really healthy.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 2:40 AM on Oct. 11, 2010