my best friend and cousin

me and my best friend well was my best friend for 12 years dont really talk that much and my favortite cousin dont really talk that much.. we all used to hang out and i dont know where it went wrong but they dont hang out with me anymore i feel left out and i dont have anyfriends at all i talk to them once in a while.. i hve a boyfriend but u still want ur friends sometimes.. i always here about them going out and yesterday they went on a road trip and didnt even tell me or invite me.. she was my friend first and i introduced them.. i dont hav a problem that theyre bestfriends now it just hurts my feelings that they always leave me out and i dont understand why.. ive told them that they always leave me out but they say no we dont and they say theyre gonna start inviting me but they still dont..they are the only 2 friends i have period plus i grew up with them.sumtimes i say 4get friends i don need them. but i still hurt..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Is it a man and woman? or two woman?
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• two women
    jenny2150

Answer by jenny2150 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I can see where you would be feeling hurt and left out when they do things without you. I don't know why they do this-- maybe they feel you are busy with the bf, or maybe they don't feel that you all are close anymore, maybe they have a lot of common interests and they don't think you would be interested in what they want to do..... I think you may have to have a talk with them one more time and say "hey, you know I'd love to be included too. it hurts me when you 'forget' about me". Maybe you should take charge and plan a 'fun day out' and call them up and invite them to join you. If they decline or if they still 'forget' to include you then I would just let them go, and concentrate on finding some new friends.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• well of course your feelings are hurt. you're being left out and lied to. and of course you want friends. but they have shown themselves to not follow through with their words to you. not sure if it's to the point where maybe you can't take the initiative and invite them somewhere with you instead of letting them always lead the friendship? i've seen this happen before and in fact many years ago one of my best friends and i were introduced by a mutual friend. we did start leaving her out but she was a nut job that was always trying to compete with us for guys and i found out later only made friends with me because she was obsessed with my baby's father - she used to call the other friend and ask her "don't you think (my DD) looks more like me than her mother?" if you really truly don't know what happened, just ask - tell them it's obvious there's something different and you want a chance to address it.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I am sorry you are hurt but of course you will be when people act differently toward you for unexplained reasons. Dear if you are hurt on a regular by these people then deep down they were never a true friend to you as you thought. I know it will be hard but maybe it is time to move on. Making a real friend is not an easy process but socializing with others with similar interest is. To get them and there actions out of your mind and heart connect to others, find a hobby, move on in a positive aspect. And keep in mind that what you do to others will surely come back to you. That is Karma. You get what you give in this life.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2010