Why today?

I have had alot of swelling in my legs recently (36+ weeks) and I see a doctor twice a week and have no other preeclampsia signs. However, today is the first day I recall waking up with swollen legs and the left is more swollen than the other. I'm supposed to leave for my baby shower in 45 minutes. I slept very late today so I haven't been up too long - about an hour. I know these are things I'm supposed to call the doc about, but I'm nonsymptomatic other than that... My doctor already told me if I call with any concerns she will always tell me to go to the doctor and get checked out. So I'm not calling unless something weird happens... would you?

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Since your swelling I would still call your ob and have your blood pressure checked to be on the safe side.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Nope it is not something that I would call about. My legs were always swollen.
    Anonymous

• Swelling during late pregnanc y is pretty normal especially in the legs, if you start having blurred/disturbed vision, headaches, feeling sick and swelling in other areas then I would get medical advice.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 1:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My ankles got swollen in the last trimester of my pregnancy. I think that it is normal. My doctor told me to get some maternity stockings to help or limit the amount of salt intake and drink plenty of fluids. Limiting the salt intake helped my ankles not to be as swollen as they may have been otherwise. I think it is normal to have swollen feet/ankles/legs that late in the pregnancy. Hang in there. Congratulations!
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 12:42 AM on Oct. 11, 2010