Do you ever think about the relationship between gay couple or do you just think about the sex?

I noticed that most people's argument about gay people is based on what they THINK ABOUT them having sex with one another. No one ever seems to think about the relationship they have with one another. Whether or not it works for them to be together. Doesn't anyone ever think about that instead of jumping to the conclusion that it's just plain "perverted". I mean you don't know the depth of their relationship so who are you to judge and tell them it's wrong for them to be together?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 1:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Religious Debate

• No Gin, unfortunately a lot of people see gay person and sex comes to mind, funny how that never happens when thinking of heteros???

Answer by older at 1:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• bumped ya!

Answer by older at 1:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Honestly, I can't say I have any reason to really think about anyone elses sex life... Gay or not... I mean, I don't see a straight couple and start to picture their sex... Why would I do it for a gay couple? All that matters is the relationship.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I wont lie. The first thing i think about is the sex. But then i see how in love they are. I personally know a couple gay people, and i look up to the relationship some of them have. I have a friend who is a lesbian, and her and her fiance are the perfect couple. Its seriously like a match made in heaven. The way they move around, and act towards eachother is unbelievable. Gay people are just like you and i. They want what we want. To love and be loved. Its amazing. :)
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 1:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I know far too many gay people (men and women) to spend my time thinking about them as only sexually obsessed people. I happen to know that they go through the same 'roommate' stages in their relationships that heterosexual couples do.

I know just as many promiscuous heteros as I do gays, too. And just as many alcoholics... and just as many non-smokers.

Seems to me, they're people. Some of them deeply love their partners, and some of them want to but have no idea how... and some of them are all For Show... and some are genuine and centred people.

It's another instance of 'one fact is insufficient' to know who these people are. So much for stereotypes.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• i don't think about it either way. I don't care about anyone else sex life or relationship be it straight or gay. There are far too many important issues to be worried about what someone does or doesn't do in there life.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Well first of all homosexuality IS about someones sexual orientation so it is about the sex and that will generally be the first thing people think of. Love and friendship are different things. I believe they can love and there's nothing wrong with loving someone of the same sex but that love should be the love you have for a sister or brother not the sexual love and attraction towards someone. I have many female friends that I love but I love them as sisters I don't find myself sexually attracted to them. I think expecting people to not associate sex with something that is clearly based on sexual orientation is a little unrealistic. I certainly see the people behind all of this and recognize they have other aspects of their relationships with the ones they love (both sexual and non) but with their partners and when speaking of them as gays that's not the first thing that will come to mind.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 2:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• NO lol I see adults.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• (((Side note: You are asking WOMEN here. I bet the answers would be different if you asked MEN.)))
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• i have a gay friend who i named my ds#2 after and i've met his boyfriend.

they are just too cute together! they are kind and loving towards each other. i wish more straight people were that sweet to one another!

Moon_Mama

Answer by Moon_Mama at 2:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2010