driven to tears.....

How often do the kids drive you to tears.

stepho345

Asked by stepho345 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Not all that often. If they are bickering a lot or if I've repeated myself like 50 times in 10 minutes I'll cry out of frusteration. It also depends on my mood and how I am handling things. Sometimes all I can do is laugh too.
    mochamomof3

Answer by mochamomof3 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I can honestly say once one of my girls drove me there but as an adult, otherwise, the answer would be never.

Answer by older at 2:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Never. I managed to get myself there pretty often... but it was never their fault.

I don't cry when I'm mad, though. I cry when I'm sad --and my kids just haven't ever done anything that made me sad. Furious, from time to time... but not sad.

I do cry, though, when I'm really proud of them --which has happened a lot over the years.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Tear of joys lots of times. Tear of anger not much maybe with my daughter because i was so young and inmature. Tear of sadness mostly when my daughter was a baby and was sick due tomilk issues and I couldn't console her. With my son when they told me maybe he could need surgery as a baby because he was throwing up all milk.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 2:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• The first night I brought my son home from the hospital he cried from 10pm-5am non stop. I kept calling the hospital and asking what was wrong and they kept blowing it off like it was normal. Turns out he was hungry because he wasn't getting enough breastmilk. I cried that night. He is now 14 months and when he was about 6 months old he got very sick with an ear infection and RSV. He would eat or drink anything and if he did, he would go into a coughing spell that would cause him to projectile vomit everything in his little belly. I cried then too. So far, those are the only 2 times! I'm sure there will be plenty more to come though. I'm a cry baby. LOL
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I wouldn't say that THEY have driven me to tears, but sometimes the situation does. My 11 year old has autism and while I try my damnest for him sometimes I just get overwhelmed and just cry. It's more because I am afraid that I am not enough for him.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I cry for the hurt of my little kids. The adults have made me cry.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• All the time. But not because they were bad. Because the first time they say i love you or smile at you when they are really, knowing what they are doing. When they are sick and theres not much you can do. When my youngest has a seizure i cry all the time, im emotional. So i probably cry more often then i should LOL
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 2:21 PM on Oct. 10, 2010