Getting started

I have trouble starting any form of exercise, I used to do a lot of step aerobics and my absolute favorite was 'Reebok, The Video' with Gin Miller and yoga videos with Rodney Yee.
What do you do when you feel absolutely unmotivated but in the back of your mind you think this is good for you and you should be doing it, as often as possible?
What are your favorite fitness videos?

BeaMoore

Asked by BeaMoore at 2:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I love my bollywood dance videos...

But the answer to 'how to get motivated' is to ignore the issue of motivation completely and just do it. Like you just brush your teeth without needing to Feel Like It, or how you buy groceries because it's time, not because it's fun. Schedule it in, and do it.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:18 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I have ATT and the video on demand feature offers excercise videos. I go outside and have fun. Go to a new park in town.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• walk off the pouds with leslie sansone..she has .1..2 ..3.. and 4 mile walk that you do right in your living room.
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 4:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I have a couple of girlfriends who are motivated that won't settle for anything less from me! It helps that I work with one of them and we do our exercising there at work. Another beneficial factor is that we are all 3 the same age.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Exactly what the first poster said. Ignore whether you're motivated - just DO it, like you brush your teeth even if you don't feel like it. You will start feeling motivated once your metabolism raises and once you see what good it does for your body. :)
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 11:39 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would just go out for a walk or a ride a bike.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2010