How can I get my husband to understand that I want to be with him and nobody else?

throughout our 10 years together( together 10, married 5) I have been unfaithful to him several times before we were married. We have recently seperated and I have been with 3 other men( that he knows about) as well as he being with 3 other women(that I know about). He is always accusing me of having sex with other men, going out to find men, etc.. I love him so very much but cant take him putting me down any longer. I feel like he never tells me that i am beautiful, when in fact I know I am. But my self esteem is only around when someone is there telling me that. When I was with those other men, they would kiss the ground I walked on, telling me constantly how great I was. But I always went back to my husband. Things would change for about 1 week and go back to the normal. I love him with all my heart and soul and want to feel loved and admired by my husband. But since lying to him over the years, he doesnt trust me at all.

MarleyGirly

Asked by MarleyGirly at 3:07 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• By doing just that.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Obviously he doesn't trust you because of your actions. If you want him to believe he's the only man you want to be with, prove it by not being with any other man.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I honestly can't say that I blame him for not trusting you. I'd probably feel the same way. I'm not sure what you could do, but I'll bump the question for you.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Well you're lying to yourself right now. You say you want to be with only him but yes you're still sleeping around. I don't blame him for not trusting you. You lied to him when you said he's the only one you want. You need to stop sleeping around and prove it. If you stop having sex with other men for a while it will show you actually only want him.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• He is always accusing you because THAT'S WHAT YOU'VE DONE. How can you honestly expect him to believe otherwise. You haven't given him a reason TO believe you. You say one thing while doing another.

Here's a novel idea ... stop screwing around outside the marriage. Maybe THAT would convince him.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• If you want him to trust you, you have to earn his trust. If you are going to commit yourself only to him, great. But if you are going to continue sleeping around, do both of you a favor and give him a divorce. He doesn't deserve to be strung along like that.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:42 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• The other guys kiss the ground you walk on........lol....you know that is the way that they can 'get into your pants' ....you are such a self-centered, nasty *itch ! I can't believe you're still married.....you need to shape up!! All you want is to get things your way and you can't even be faithful!! Good lord.....this is unbelievable!
    Anonymous

• Sad sad sad you are a very sad sad individual for thinking he "should" trust you. Honestly I think he should just divorce you and move on to someone who is worth his trust, love, and devotion!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• In all honesty if my husband cheated on me, even before we made our vows, I'd've ended things with him. You may be physically beautiful but the emotional scars that you've left on your husband may make him see you as anything but attractive. My only suggestion would be a lot of therapy and marriage counseling for you both.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 4:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2010