How long before Tylenol should work?

My 2yr old is sick and has a fever with some other not so good symptoms. It was 102.8 an hour ago and we gave him tylenol, now it's at 103.5. Shouldn't he be cooling down by now?

Mipsy

Asked by Mipsy at 3:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I think that it should. I believe that Tylenol should kick in anywhere between 30 minutes to 1 hour. It sort of depends on the person or baby, so sometimes it may take longer. I hope that your 2 year old feels better soon.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 3:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Usually it kicks in within an hour. Have you called teh dr?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:23 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• It should have kicked in by now. Sometimes Motrin will work better. You can alternated Tylenol and Motrin every three hours. (So that way you are not giving more than one dose of each during a 6 hour period.) You may want to try a bath, wiping him down with a wash cloth and popsicles. We'd have to keep our son's temperature in check when he was a baby because he had Febrile seizures. That's what we would do.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2010