Why do we criticize one another?

I'm really curious here. When it comes to parenting or religious or cultural differences, or just plain differences of opinion, why is there so much strife? Can you not disagree without shutting out the other person? What's the point of being on a site that is supposed to promote support of mothers, not to mention a forum on the site for debate if you turn it into an I'm right you're wrong so Nyah conversation? Why not just state in the question "only answer if you agree with me." I know there are teenagers here but I know that isnt the only age group here. If you disagree with someone, give reasons, not just I"m sorry but you're wrong.

duckigrrl

Asked by duckigrrl at 3:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree with you but it's not going to happen. To many people on here have different opinions and they only see themselves as right. Some believe any other way is wrong so they feel they have the right to criticize someone.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• yep duckigrrl there is alot of it and i think there is just alot of people that are just naturally that way, they can only feel better about themselves by putting people down, its sucks but its just true :(
    RobinEsMommy

Answer by RobinEsMommy at 4:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I think when I do not agree I say why and sometimes I just disagree.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Just because someone doesnt agree doesnt mean they are putting people down there is a difference between being mean and just disagreeing!!!
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 7:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Well duckigrrl, that would just make too much sense! I mean, to have EVERY person on this site be cordial to each other? It would be.....strange! I mean could you just see it? It would be: "I agree with you" "Well of course you do!" There wouldn't be a need to reply because we would all agree and the OP would already KNOW we agree.....*sigh*
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I think you're right, mommy.
    duckigrrl

Comment by duckigrrl (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I agree, Lil Jeni, and just simply disagreeing doesn't bother me. It would be a boring world if we all agreed on every detail. More peaceful maybe, but boring. What bothers me is the moms who jump on the ones who have a differing opinion. I know we all have bad days and whoever is behind curtain number one so to speak, just because they answered a certain way or asked a certain question, gets the tongue lashing. But sometimes there are moms who are going to tear into you ten ways from Sunday because you dared to think for yourself. That's what gets me.
    duckigrrl

Comment by duckigrrl (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Babylove, I dont mind the disagreements. I don't mind the heated debate. What I mind is the being hateful about the differences in opinion. IDK. Maybe it's just me.
    duckigrrl

Comment by duckigrrl (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2010