How did you decide on your babies names?

How did you end up picking the names for your babies? Were they names you liked, were they family names, did you name them after anyone famous, were they names that you liked the meaning of?
What names did you choose?
Mine I used some family names, some names I liked and I did name 1 after 2 different sports figures.

MizLee

Asked by MizLee at 3:20 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Baby Names

• We were throwing around names and we stopped on the one we liked :)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• 1. dd - hubs said he always thought he would have a dd with that name, middle is my mother's name
    2. ds - named after fil
    3. dd - looked at Italian names and choose the one we liked, middle name is mil's name
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Well i jus have one child...and we gave our ds his father's middle...but my ds midddle name i got off the net...(Tymon) and it means honoring GOD :)
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 3:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• i had always loved the name Lyric, my fiance and i were driving home from his work and we were discussing names and i just threw Lyric in there and he said "that would be a beautiful name for a girl" so i chose it but it was a mutual agreement
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• our son has a family name. (2 middle names) First name and first middle are after FIL, and second middle is after my father. S/O and i agreed if we were having a boy, she would choose the name, and if we were having a girl, i would choose the name. We stuck by it. our son was originally going to be a Jr, after FIL, but when we found out at the ultrasound he was a boy, and the biomom asked his name, my S/O told her his full name, including my dad's. I was thrilled :)
    awasmer828

Answer by awasmer828 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• 1st kid- 1st name from my husband's dad James became Jamison
    2nd kid-hubby picked out her name Savannah
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• we're naming our daughter after a very close friend of ours who passed away a couple of years ago. his name was charlie so we're naming our little girl Charlotte and call her Charlie for short
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 3:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My daughter's name is Scarlett Abigail. I got Scarlett from the actress Scarlett Pomers who is an actress on the TV show "Reba." I got Abigail from the character on the soap opera "Days of Our Lives."

My next's child's name will either be Oliver Liam or Olivia Eindy. Oliver/Olivia was my FIL's middle name, Eindy was my MIL's middle name and Liam was the the last four letters of my grandfather's first name (William).
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:14 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I am naming my son after my younger brother that passed away when he was very young and my dads middle name. I am naming him Christopher William.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• for our only child who is our daughter we chose family names....from both sides of the family.
    Michaux= family name on my side...all the females have been named it.
    Lorraine= my grandmother I never got to meet.
    Francis= my aunt, my dad, and hubbys grandmother..
    it made everyone so happy!
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 5:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2010