• In the Spotlight:

Is it weird to feel this way?

as I approach my due date I've been thinking and processing a lot...some of the questions that go through my mind:
"Is it wrong of me to feel possessive of my pride?" In other words, I have suddenly been filled with pride and happiness about our baby girl and I kind of don't want other people to be proud of her too. As crazy as it sounds, a part of me feels like only me and my husband deserve to be proud of the little person we created.
Anyone else ever feel this way?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 3:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Honestly no! i cant wait to share our creation with everyone!!
    ahsweetness

Answer by ahsweetness at 3:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Hey, you feel what you feel! Sometimes, though, you need to keep it to yourself. Family members, grandparents especially, get really excited about seeing their babies have babies.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• yeah good point swasson- I realize a lot of my emotions right now are hormone induced haha
    elizabiza

Comment by elizabiza (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Well I think it's natural to feel proud of what you've created. You and your husband together made this little girl, of course you're proud of that :) I don't know that other people are proud of y'all, that you've had this precious little girl, as much as it's them being happy for you, does that make sense? They are happy for you guys, that you've had your daughter (or are going to have your little girl) and people want to rejoice with you over it. I don't know that it's that they're proud though. Hope that all makes sense.
    Charlie98

Answer by Charlie98 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2010