why ?

why do i keep having nightmares? i keep dreaming that i wake up and go to the bathroom and there is blood and that i am miscarring again . im in my second trimester now 14 weeks and 3 days why am i haveing these dreams im scared to lose another will they ever stop? it scares me so much that its gonna happen

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• BECAUSE YOU ARE SCARED IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. I FREAK OUT ABOUT ONCE A WEEK AFRAID MY BABY IS GOING TO DIE OF SIDS. I LITERALLY WAKE HER UP TO BE SURE. IT'S HARD TO NOT WORRY. THAT'S PART OF BEING A MOMMA.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 5:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• It's your subconscious's way of dealing with your fears. Your hormones are so out of whack when you're pregnant that your dreams can be very very pleasant or very very horrible. Everyone has scary dreams about losing their baby when they're pregnant, even me...and I've had a totally normal pregnancy. I keep worrying that something's going to go wrong, it never stops.

Unfortunately...it apparently never stops. You'll always be worried about your baby whether you're pregnant with them or they're 40 years old.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I had the same dreams when i was pregnant with my daughter. I heard from some people that if u lose your baby in a dream it will be born healthy. but dont worry try not to think about losing the baby and they might go away
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• im tring im just really really scared we have tried so hard for this baby im terrified im going to fail again
    Anonymous

• Earlier in my pregnancy (I'm now 13 weeks) I was having miscarriage dreams. If I felt discharge at all I would freak and have to go to the bathroom to makes sure it wasn't blood. I'm a little better about it now. Pregnancy dreams get insane. That's probably why you're having these dreams.
    I just go with what my husband reasons: "You always dream the opposite of what happens in reality." May not be true, lol, but I'll take it! ;)
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 5:56 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I have been having crazy dreams too! About people in my family that have passed away an all kinds of strange things..I think its normal to have very vivid strange dreams. Some of them bothered me so much that I asked my husband to wait till I was asleep first, that comforted me for some reason =)
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 7:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2008