If you had your waters broken for you - how many CMs dilated were you when they did it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my second time around I had to get my water broken and that is because he had to have me delivered I think I was only 3 or 4 I know I wasn't that far
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I don't remember from my first how far I was dilated when they broke my water... On my last son, I was a six moving further but slowly.. then my blood pressure started dropping so they needed to help me along before it got too low...
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• 9cm and having contraction where 4min apart
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• ummm well i was 6 cm when i got to the hospital...i was a bit shocked about that cause i wasn't in pain. anyway i asked them to break my water for me and they said they would after half an iv was in me...sooo i'm gonna guess i was 7 cm...they didn't check me again til the baby's head was already in the canal 4 hours later
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• With my first one, it broke on it's own, and I was about 7 cm when it happened. With my second one, they broke it for me, and I was 9 cm dilated when they did it.
    Charlie98

Answer by Charlie98 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• 4cm. i ahd been in labor 8 hrs. with no change. i was 4cm when i went into labor.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I was complete and pushing when my midwife broke my water.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• If I wasn't over three then it wasn't broken. I think four or five. They flat out said they wouldn't break the water until i was over three cm.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I was at 6cm and labor was going slowly so they did it so speed it up :) My friend had hers broke for her when she was 4cm for the same reason.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:50 AM on Oct. 11, 2010