has anyone's child had a Gray tooth??

my son is three years old and we brush his teeth twice a day. I had set up a dentist apointment a few days ago for a cleaning and just yesturday noticed that his front tooth is GRAY!? has anyone elses child had this? or does anyone know what could have caused it????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Health

• USUALLY INJURY TO THE TOOTH IF IT'S REALLY GRAY. DEAD NERVE I THINK. THE PERMANENT TOOTH SHOULD BE FINE THOUGH. I HAD ONE AS I CHILD.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 5:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• bottle rot?
    Anonymous

• He has been off the bottle for 2 1/2 years. (his acual age is 3 1/2) nor was he ever alowed to go to bed with a bottle. He only used a sippy for 4 months.
    Anonymous

• He must have smacked his face into something and caused injury to the tooth, causing the nerve to die.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:09 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• my 3yr old had one i had it pull. It was cause by her playing on the playground and she hit her mouth running.The dr. saying her permanent tooth will be fine. It just take a while for it to grow in. She's 4yrs. it's slowly coming back.
    al4mykids

Answer by al4mykids at 8:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My son's front tooth was gray but he had trouble losing it. There was a lot of calcium build-up in the root. Almost had to go to the dentist to have it removed. It was actually about an inch to an inch and a half long up into the gums. So if the tooth doesn't come out right away when it's time maybe need to get to the dentist for it. My son I believe got a $5 for that one. It hurt coming out.
    Kiddz4x

Answer by Kiddz4x at 9:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My daughter fell face first on our tile and her front tooth started to turn gray and the dentist said that there was some nerve damage but that as long as she wasn't complaining about it hurting to just leave it be. She said that the adult tooth should be fine.

Winter711

Answer by Winter711 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2008