does walking make a difference in keeping your metabolism up?

RobinEsMommy

Asked by RobinEsMommy at 4:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• you need to exercise and eat enough, also deep breathing increases your metabolism
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• yes, any exercise helps keep up your metabolism b-complex vitamins help too
    beckybuck

Answer by beckybuck at 4:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• walking is ok...but cardio workouts are better for the metabolism
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 4:21 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I think it helps. As long as you can stay active, and eat regularly, it's supposed to help.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 4:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I believe the answer is "yes". However, for a better metabolism booster, I'd check into some light weight-lifting. I believe that increasing muscle is key to boosting the metabolism.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 4:37 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• yes maam it does. anything that increases your heart rate aides in increasing your metabolism. and like jsbenkert said weight lift increase muslce mass and if you work the biggest muslce (your quads) then you have an higher increase in your metabolism and you lose more fat
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Yes it does. So go girl!
    SDMama77

Answer by SDMama77 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• YES. And weight lifting---resistance training.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Yes, any exercise will help keep your metabolism up. It is also good not to eat before you exercise. This allows you body to use energy (fat) that is stored in your body instead of what is readily available in your tummy.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 6:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Yes - Absolutely. When ever I am walking a reasonable distance consistently (key), it makes a difference. I sleep better, I physically look better, it seems easier to aid the fat burning process when I am a triple threat 1) exercise 2) eating healthy 3) eating small amounts all day & the biggest difference of all is made when I stop (100%) putting food in my mouth at about 6:30 7 pm at the latest. When I can be disciplined enough to go to bed with an empty stomach man do I see results. I don't mean starving just, empty. Sorry think I gave you more than you were asking. LOL blessings!
    blessedwork

Answer by blessedwork at 12:05 AM on Oct. 12, 2010