Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

is there away to get another insuance along with DH's or something

well we use to have job and family service insurance then we stopped getting it because dh was making 2 much. they said we can possibly get secondary insurance through them, but after looking at our stuff we make to much. The thing is DH insurance does not cover birth control (which doesn't bother me since we are trying to have another baby and it will be our last), but it also doesn't cover eye and that is one of my problems because my freaken dog chewed up my glasses and are not fixable and I haven't had my glasses for a week can't afford them right now until DH gets his bonus check. It doesn't cover dentil and my 5 year old keeps telling me her 2 front teeth hurt. And I am back and forth to the chiropracter because after having my second baby I was leaking spinal fluid and ended up with 2 blood patches to this day I have really bad neck, lower back pain and miagranes. CONT


Asked by mommy5409 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Health

Level 25 (22,258 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • I know a lot of people swear by chiropractors, however in my experience (I have a permanent nerve injury in my neck) they only provide temporary relief and are not worth the money.
    Go see a pain specialist. That should be covered by your DH's insurance. Planned Parenthood can cover your birth control. As far as glasses etc go, my insurance doesnt cover it either, I pay out of pocket for vision and dental. Your state probably has programs that will cover your daughter's dental needs.

    Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • I am supose to see a chiropracter 3 times a week, but I can't afford it. (believe me I went about suing the hospital, but lost I don't have enough evidance. It didn't really lose they couldn't take it to court). The chirpracter told me that he wont be able to fix it completely, but he can make me comfertable then after that he will more than likely have to see me every few months then every year after that. So I am always going to doctors and can't afford it so is there anything else I can do?

    Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2010