Has anyone here had their tonsils out as an adult?

I've been reading horror stories online about how bad and long recovery is, but I'm hoping only the people with the worst experiences are writing. How was your experience?

mybella81

Asked by mybella81 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Health

• My goodness, I had mine out and it was not painful at all. Very quick recovery, just day surgery and that was it. I was put to sleep since it was all 10 of them, but had very little discomfort when I woke up. We did it on a Friday, I was back at work Sunday night (I worked 3rd). Hopefully things will be ok for you.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 4:37 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I had mine removed at 30. It was't comforatable, but it was't horrible either. The first two days were rough, but I slept alot. After that it was like having a very sore throat for a few days, nothing you can"t handle. Just take the pain meds like they tell you, drink alot of cold stuff, and rest.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 4:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Oh my, oh my, I am so so sorry. I feel so silly and can laugh at myself, I hope you can too. I was just getting up from a nap and my eyes were still adjusting when I saw your question. I thought you said toenails, not tonsils. I had mine removed at 10 years old. I am sorry for the confusion. But, hey, I had a good nap!
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 5:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My husband had is out in his late 30's and he was back to work in two days. Was not too bad at all.
    danalee11

Answer by danalee11 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• LOL MaryWolfe, I was wondering why you said all 10. Did they come back?
    mybella81

Comment by mybella81 (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I was 21 when I had them out. It was the worst sore throat of my life, but I have never had one after that nor do I even get sick. I regret nothing!!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I HAD MY TONSILS REMOVED WHEN I WAS 20 YEARS OLD! HURT PRETTY BAD CUZ IT WAS INFECTED BUT THEY GAVE ME SOME NICE WHITE PILLS AND PLENTY OF ICE POPS!
    Rosemirrors

Answer by Rosemirrors at 9:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2010