• In the Spotlight:

SCREAMING toddler!!

My son is 19 months old and has been screaming all the time lately. I mean high pitched squealing. Over the smallest things....anything. Has anyone figured out a way to stop kids from doing this? It is enough to drive you crazy!! lol Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

jenae_gist

Asked by jenae_gist at 4:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Distract them. My son does it for any reason (happy, mad, sad, tired, etc) and I want to pull my eardrums out. I get mirgaines and so it sucksss. Normally I tickle him or give him a toy we've had put up for a long time... Lately we put him in time out until he stops. He is learning inside and outside voice. Its hard, I know.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 4:37 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Wow....I am sorry! My kids never used high pitched screamimg...they did have a few minor tantrums but not much screaming. They were very calm and cheerful. The mini-tantrums went away when I joked around,teased,tickled,made funny faces and made them laugh. Then they forgot about being angry. Just keep your home quiet and calm and some day he will get over this.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2010