how long after birthcontrol will i be able to get pregnant?

ok i finally got my period back to normal after being on depo for ONLY 2 MONTHS. Last shot was in april so its been about 6 months now... i have a ovulation calendar and i hoping to conceive before january.... my doctor told me bc of the shot that my ovulation may be normal every mont or it may skip a month... im praying for some BABYDUST "haha" in hopes of becoming pregnant. my cycle is 28 days long and luteal is 14 days long my ovulation calendar well mentrual cycle calendar says i will ovulate this week. My period should return friday the 29th ....i need some encouraging advice or tips anything... although i have been on depo for just 2 months ive heard it takes 6 to 18months to get completly out of your system but ive also heard that it all depends on the persons body.. since i do have my normal period finally im praying ill conceive sooner... what do you guys think? based on the info

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It all depends on your body. Some women can get pregnant right away some it takes a while. I've been told it can take up to a year to get pregnant after stopping the depo.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Just wanted to add that I stopped the depo and got pregnant right away after the 3 months
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I was on the pills. I started the pills, but then decided two months into them that we wanted a baby so I finished the 2nd pack of pills after they were over and I got off my period we tried it only took us 2 months to get pregnant.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Good luck. I've been off depo for 2 years (I was on it for 1 year) and still haven't conceived yet.
    Anonymous

• it took me 2 years to get pregnant after getting off the depo. and then when i tried with my last it took another 2 years. Hopefully it'll come quicker for you. Doctor told me it took anywhere from 12-18 months to get completely out of your system.
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Well I got pregnant on birth control! The nuva ring. I dont recommend it ! o i really cant help u with ur question. Sorry.
    ahsweetness

Answer by ahsweetness at 5:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• well that was good to hear you got pregnant after 3 months of being off of depo :-)... idc what the doctor says im almost sure it matters how long youve been on the depo shot i think the longer youve been on the longer the wait.. especially those who have been on there for 1 year 2 years vs my 2 months but thanks for the info im trying to conceive now so hopefully i will be pregnant soon ill update you
    sweetytweety001

Answer by sweetytweety001 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• guess it depends on ur body .. gl
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:42 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Depends on your body...i was on the pill it took 4 months.....now my best friend was off for 2 weeks and get pregnant
    agarner1

Answer by agarner1 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• thanks guys im hoping to have some luck b4 the new years :-)
    sweetytweety001

Answer by sweetytweety001 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 12, 2010