how to get rid of ants?

I have ants everywhere!!!! They are the little tiny ones and no matter how much I seal up the doors and windows and fill holes they keep coming in...I need something that will keep them out. There is no open food or dirty dishes sitting out for them to get too I just dont know what else to do to get rid of them. any ideas are much appreciated.

foxracing43701

Asked by foxracing43701 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We had quite a problem this summer. We got the liquid baits plus spread a mixture of boric acid and sugar around the foundation of the house. Mix it 50/50. Borax is the same thing but I can't always find it. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• We have the same problem. I spray around the outside of the house with ant spray. It's the only thing I've found that works.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• If you are in a house whee you can put something outside, mix Borax powder with equal mix of sugar. Then sprinkle it around the perimeter of your home. It will kill anything, grass whatever....since Borax is soap. But it will get rid of them, did for me.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Get the Terro ant baits and set them where you see them coming into the house. It will take a few days, but the bait will work because they carry the stuff back to the nest.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• try creating a barrier with pure vinegar, it worked for me but i only have one door that they like to come into
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• boiling hot water-pour it on them and the ant hill
    danalee11

Answer by danalee11 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I only had one little trail and I did the boric acid/sugar mix with some water right at the end. They carried it back for a while and slowly the number of ants dwindled.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Thanks for all of the suggestions ladies! I think I will try them all..lol. Hubby is headed out to spray with the ortho spray that we already have (forgot about it since we havent done it again since we moved in a couple of months ago) and then I will pick up some borax the next time I am at the store along with some bait. In the mean time I'll try the vinegar on the window sill and in front of the door that they like the most...lol So tired of cleaning up the ants every couple of hours.
    foxracing43701

Comment by foxracing43701 (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2010