How can I get my life, kids and husband back into my life?

For 6 months now I have been seperated from my husband, I am living with my parents and my mom always tries to interfere with what is going on between us. she doesnt like the way he is mentally abusive to me, but i stick up for him. The last 3 years I have taken rx pills, he knew about it at first cause I have a major medical need. But as time went on I started lying to him about taking them. Worse came to worse and I even found myself taking them from his mom. Therefor his parents have lost my trust. I have since entered myself in rehab and couseling, i have done everything he has asked me to do with getting his parents to see that I am starting to change, But he has custody( by choice) of our 2 kids. I feel like we are working towards something that wont ever be the same between us. He has moved onto being alot better person than me, and I know that. It makes me cry to think about what I have lost. Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• you sound like my husband. you need to shape up and prove to him you love him by very romantic gestures, beign good to your children, being feminine and being yourself. dont clign to husband but invite him to phone coverstaions and keep it light and sexy. it will never be the same due to what YOU have done, like my husband, but maybe if you show you want this family, you can get it. mine is an abusive alcoholic who is diagnosed with major depressive disorder, PTSD, and panic disorder. he is also goign on an Emmaus Walk religious reatreat next wknd. also has two types of counselling, psychiatrist and counselor psychologist. I am deciding whether he is for real. good luck and god bless. be real. dont be afraid of your emotions thats where my husband went so wrong but he was not capable, had been severely abused for years as a child./
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 5:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Does he know you have be threw rehab. Try to let him know you are trying to change. You love him and the kids more than anything and do not want to ruin what you have. You will change and have been making an effort to change. Good luck I hope everything works out.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Thank you for your response, I feel like I am alone in the world. Nobody feels the same as I do. When I lost my famiy I lost my soul. I am very different than what I was before all this. I get physically sick when I think about what I have put everyone around me thru. I dont ask that I be forgiven instantly, But I do feel like it is me against everyone that I thought loved me and thought the world about me once. My emotions are out of control. All I want is some meaning towards life again, because right now I have nothing to live for.
    MarleyGirly

Answer by MarleyGirly at 5:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2010