French Onion Soup... Pregnancy?

Is French Onion soup safe to eat during pregnancy... I know it's basically onions and broth... are onion safe? Also is the swiss cheese safe to eat that they melt on top?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• lol ya i eat onions all the time with my first andd this one and things are fine for me
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Yes it is safe it is the soft cheeses they say to stay away from I LOVE french onion soup dh is a chef and makes the yummest french onion
    The onions may give you gas thats about it
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 6:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Things have changed.....My kids are 10 and 19 and I have got to tell you, we didn't have as many restrictions even then! I heard about cold cuts long after my kids were born. I think the cheeses they are talking about are soft, non-pasteurized cheeses..Swiss cheese is fine and as long as onions agree with you I never heard any problem with onions!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 6:09 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• It's perfectly fine. I think the worst it can do is give you heartburn. Enjoy it!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I eat it once a week when I go to lunch at Applebee's with my hubbub! ENJOY IT! :)
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Yes it is safe and it sounds very yummy right now!
    CashJulianMommy

Answer by CashJulianMommy at 7:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• onion is a vegetable and swiss is a cheese...they say to eat LOTS of veggies and Cheese!!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 9:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2008