Where is a fun and inexpensive place to go for a family vacation?

We have a trip planned next year in February to stay in a cabin in Northern Arizona and it probably won't cost us much more than $400 dollars for 11 of us. My mother and father-in-law are coming and so is my sister-in-law and her husband. The cabin sleeps 12 and we are bringing our own food. I am trying to find something different from that to do.

ChicaThis

Asked by ChicaThis at 5:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Travel

• We are going camping (in a tent) its fairly cheap.....just need whatever food you want to cook or a cheap meal out.....find a good campsite and away you go!
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 5:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Camping, local area state parks, museums, farm/business tours, canoeing
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 8:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• You could always split the cost of the cabin. You could go the zoo for a weekend. :) Have fun! I could not travel with my parents ever.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• The only way to get it cheaper is for everyone to split the cost as well. Have your mother/FIL and SIL/her DD give you some feed back on where they would like to go next and what they can afford.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:10 AM on Oct. 11, 2010