Do you find it hard to keep information from you teens? Information that they don't need to know that you know?

I got wind that my daughter was planning on doing something that she could get in trouble for. She had not been up front with me but then again she was trying to get away with something. I was able to put a stop to any opportunity she may have had for that night prior to it happening. I fed her an easy excuse for her to stay home but had a hard time not just laying it on the line with her. However, I didn't want her to know because I would like to get wind of something in the future if she was to try this again. Does this make sense?

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• yes... makes sense. Im torn on it if is better to do as you did or to be up front with her. but I suppose it really is a case by case issue and also depends on how you got the info. But kudos for staying on top of it and helping her along her way.... even if she doesnt know you helped!!!

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• yup,my 26 yr old tried to pull something when he was 16 and I found out about it and stopped it also.Never told him.A few months later he realized I knew something had been up and asked if I had known about their plan and how did I find out.Told him I knew but I would never tell how.Still haven't and he has warned/told his teen age brothers that Mom figures everything out don't even try.I think that is great advice hehehe don't tell. You never know what is in the future.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 5:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2010