• In the Spotlight:

So lost... (long)

Okay this is long...
My BF and I have only been together for 6 months and I already feel like our love is gone. I know we both love each other and I really think we're right for each other.
But the thing is that I just don't feel loved anymore.. I mean before he would always give me a kiss and say "I love you" before he went out with his friends and the past few times he went out with his buddies he hasn't done this and I've already talked to him about it and he just says "Sorry I forgot.."
Then we never cuddle on the couch like we used to or any of that stuff. I know he is getting more comfortable with the relationship and thinks he can let that "cute" love stuff slide, but it's really bugging me and he knows this... but yet does nothing.
I have actually considered leaving because I can't take this emotional hurt anymore, I'm so confused...
Any advice/ideas? I'm so lost...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• If he's not willing to work on it now... what do you think is going to happen if you live together or get married? Maybe you should be the one to reach up for the kiss when he's leaving, the hugs, the cuddling etc.
    Anonymous

• Dont feel hurt.. my boyfriend is the same way, he always used to do stuff like that and after a while its like an occasional thing. I know it does hurt cuz it feels like he doesnt love you, but honestly I think that once they feel like they dont have to impress you anymore, they get lazy. I dont think its that he doesnt love you anymore he just feels like maybe you know he does so if he forgets, it doesnt matter. But if your feeling lonely or upset tell him that its really hurting you to the point that you want to call it quits. Or Ive just decided to take the initiative myself and go and cuddle with him, or do those things with him but you start it back up. Hope this helps :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Awwww honey don't feel bad. I know what this is like. And the comfort reason really IS the reason this is happening but he shouldn't let that happen. Tell him exactly how you feel, and tell him that it's getting to the point where you want to leave. It doesn't matter how comfortable you get in a relationship, you still have to do the cute things. My hubby and I will be married for 2 years on November 1st and he still flirts with me like he did when we were just dating. I still write him love letters and draw little pictures with hearts and glitter and stuff. But it wasn't always like that. My hubby and I almost divorced at the beginning of this year.... Then I bought a book called The Five Love Languages. It REALLY helped, we know how to show our love better now.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 6:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Time away from eachother also helps. My hubby went to Alaska for two months to work and it brought us closer. Maybe you could go visit someone for a week or so and not call him. It was WONDERFUL when we reunited. It was falling in love all over again. If you guys really love eachother it'll all work out
    MarlyeGirl

• Tell us what makes you love him. I'm not bashing. I'm just wanting you to think about what makes love "love" to verify that this is truly it. Maybe you could talk with him about it and you both can define it. For him it might be a comfortable relationship but for you it sounds like you feel he's taking you for granted. tell him what you expect from the relationship. Set boundaries and it will all work out.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I love him because he makes me laugh unlike any other person I have ever met. He does have my best interest at heart, it hurts him to see me hurt and always tries to cheer me up. Also I love him because I can trust him with anything, unlike other people in my life who I can't trust telling anything to because someone eventually finds out. My BF really is my best friend and he has never not been there for me and that is the main reasons why I love him... now if you wanted to get into detail I could say when he is loving I love how he kisses me on the forehead and grabs my hand while were watching a movie... little things like that.. I love a lot about him and I'm just a little lost right now and he doesn't really know either, we want to be together I just want ideas to get past this...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Oct. 27, 2008