Has anyone actually checked out the CM Answers FB page? What are your thoughts about it?

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Just checked it out, looks like they just pick random questions to post there but I didn't know that until now....hmmm
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Folks...THIS SECTION IS PUBLIC!!!

FB is simply another advertising tool that CM uses for this section.

You do not have to be a member of cafemom to read the questions here and this section is advertised all over the internet on sites where anyone could be a member including yahoo and twitter. If you are concerned about others reading your questions or answers, post anon or not at all. This section is open to the public. Also facebook "moms" can post in this section with out being members of CafeMom.

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• just chcked it out too. dont think they can repost the same thing from CM because someone ppl arent from fb and their are totally different login names anyway. they may repost the questions but i dont see how they could possibly repost the answers we submit as well. i like having CM separate from FB. I can be more open on CM
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 5:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Well, I am actually wishing that I had gone anonymous on my question about the coach with a drug felony. I know that he wouldn't be on cafemom but he might have seen it on Facebook since it is at the top of the wall right now.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Are all of our questions going onto Facebook?
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• No, but I'm going to. Does everything we post here appear on there??
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Looked at it. Have absolutely no intention of liking it or associating my CM acct with FB in any way. Last thing I need is some of the psychos around here stalking me on FB with my real name and personal info. I doubt they'll put any of the truly serious debate questions up there, though. No good publicity in catfights unless they want to entice more men to make fake accts.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I haven't taken the time to check it out yet. But I can see everyone's concern. Maybe I should go there now!
    marchar2002

Comment by marchar2002 (original poster) at 5:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I'm wondering if the questions posted on FB are ones that we decide to share on FB when we post the question on CM Answers?
    marchar2002

Comment by marchar2002 (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2010