senior Graduation

My DD graduates this year and all the expences seem to hve doubled since ds graduated. She is an honor student and has to pay extra money for all the attire because she has worked hard to be one of the top students in her class she has to pay more. Does anyone else see this is wrong looks like it should be a discount since they have worked so much for their position.

nanny29

Asked by nanny29 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• I agree with you, doesn't make much sense. I too have a senior dd in high school and it is getting ridiculously expensive.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• 1st of all congrats to your daughter and you for her graduation! i agree that the expenses nowadays are ridiculous! my little sister is a senior this year, she is 9 years younger then me and also graduating from a much bigger school (parents moved to the city{denver} 3 years ago from our small hometown) and even though she's not in any sports or clubs or much of anything my parents are having to spend lots of extra $$ on graduation and her AP classes and what not, MUCH more then they ever spent on mine or my older sisters' senior years of high school. I think its CRAZY to make the smartest and most productive students have to pay extra (or their parents!) they should be rewarded for working so hard and graduating with honors not punished!
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 5:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2010