Dark lines/ skin when pregnant

I know that when your pregnant you can sometimes get a dark line from your belly button down.
Is it possiable to get these lines or dark patches anyware ealse on your body?
Because I have a huge bloch'y spot of a darker skin tone between my breasts/chest. Dark brown/pinkish.
Could this be because I am pregnant? I've never had it before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have heard of this and known someone who had dark patches in different places on her body, yes. Your pigmentation is altered a little bit by the pregnancy hormones. I would just mention it to your doctor at your next visit so he/she can put your mind at ease.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 5:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I've heard of this. Saw it on "I didn't know I was pregnant." The doctors on there explained basically what the pp did....
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 5:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• In the last month or two of my pregnancy my face got kinda splotchy. I'm fair skinned but the splotches were brownish. Looked like a REALLY uneven tan. It was amazing how it cleared completely within a day of my daughters birth...
    earthmama727

Answer by earthmama727 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• It's called melasma. It's totally normal, and doesn't mean anything bad. Some women get them on their face, but your chest is a common place, too. They will go away once Baby makes his/her appearance.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Yes, it is definitely because you are pregnant. Pregnancy does strange things to our bodies because our high hormorne levels.
    If it makes you feel uncomfortable discuss it with your doctor. Happy pregnancy
    bajandoll74

Answer by bajandoll74 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• yes, sometimes you will get them on your face, back, neck...pretty much everywhere from your body....there is nothing really that u can do to get rid of it...its just natural cuz of the pregnancy....
    Espinosa

Answer by Espinosa at 10:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2010