What does Christ ransom mean to you?

dgall3

Asked by dgall3 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Do you mean ransomed by Christ like my debt has been paid for by Christ? Other sayings that are simular... I've been bought with a price or bought with the blood of Christ. My sin debt has been paid through the blood of Christ.

This means that Jesus died for my sins and I am made clean through Him.

BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• What IS IT?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 5:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I have never heard that term?
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 5:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Well, since I didn't personally ask for it and feel I have no need for it, then it doesn't really mean much that some guy died over 2000 years ago to supposedly pay for my "sins."
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I probably shouldn't answer...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I don't believe he existed and I don't believe he died. So it means nothing. Except, perhaps, that the Christo-Hebrew god is a vicious, controlling a$$!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• What does it mean to me personally? I reject the idea, to be honest. I don't believe that salvation can be bought through anyone, but comes from God alone. I don't believe it was necessary. Although I do believe that IF it is true it would apply for ALL man and cover ALL sin, not just those who claim to believe in it.

I do believe that focusing on this "sacrifice" misses so much of the point, that it distorts what God wants us to understand, and to do... But that's a different conversation, I guess....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2010