Is there anything I can do??

My daughter is almost 10 months old and she still doesnt sleep through the night. She gets up every 3 hours every single night. She isnt able to go to sleep without a bottle and the doctors say she is unable to self soothe. Is there anything I can do to help her sleep better or does she just have to grow out of it

hayliesmommy20

Asked by hayliesmommy20 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try a small snack before she goes to sleep. Or some light music going in her room. I enjoy the relaxing cd's you can get that sonds like nature or falling rain.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Does she have a lovely like a blanket or stuffed animal? It might be good for her to help her self soothe. Start with naps - here's your blanket and/or stuffed animal (insert name.) And just kind of keep telling her here are your special friends and they will help her soothe.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• The question is WHY is she unable to self soothe?
    Have you given her the chance to learn? My DH wanted to jump up right away everytime our DS made the slightest noise. I had to prompt him to give the little guy a minute or two. If you run into the room everytime she begins to whimper, she will not learn this skill.
    I'm not talking about letting her cry it out. I'm talking about giving her a chance to go back to sleep by herself. Give her a few minutes before you go into her. That might be all she needs.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• my son grew out of it. i never believed in the CIO method. try a warm bath.
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 7:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• let her cry builds the lungs and doesnt get her spoiled!!!
    MommyofHDPnPCP

Answer by MommyofHDPnPCP at 9:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2010